Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Well I can hardly believe I'm back home after my 3 yr hiatus, but it's like I never left :) Everything about Okinawa feels so famliar and so comforting, guess it's truly home for me. It's been an exhausting 24 hrs between airports. It's interesting getting to know my sisters, they're wonderful. hehe and little baby patrick is adorable, he's the most content and smiley baby I've ever met. All he does is smile and stick things in his mouth. and Alyssa, the 4 yr old, is ADORAbLE, such a quiet little chinese girl and very smart. I've never seen 4 yr olds log into laptops and click on links to game pages to do online puzzles and games. And she's so organized!! puts her stuff away so neatly without being told...why couldn't I be like that :P She's amazing and speaks in 3 languages, I'm not sure she knows which one is which yet. The others are the same, they all speak a gradient of english, tagalog, and japanese, I have to try all three or combinations of each usually to get a point across. :)

So I'm just prepping to hit the streets, i'm in electronic heaven, the food is UNBELIEVABLE (i think it's what i've missed most about okinawa, even teh convenience store Onigiris look appetizing), and pens pens pens are on my shopping list :P

Will post photos soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jori said...

Onigiri from 7-11, pens pens pens, and the good kind of rubberbands that don't break (the kind that comes as one long elastic strand)...ah, yes, the Japanese convenient store heaven... (I could go for some nikuman right now!!)

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home